Paint Puddle Dancers

Sometimes my mind just wanders… and I love using instagram as a way to document those visual thoughts.

I remember last year, when I randomly stumbled upon the idea of painting within paint. I really didn’t think much of it, until I shared it on instagram. I was intrigued by the sheer fact that people found the faces interesting; so I decided to develop them further.

Meet the Paint Puddle Dancers…

PuddleDancer PuddleDancer4

It’s interesting to flip them while they’re still wet and watch them stretch out as they drip down the page…

PuddleDancer3 PuddleDancer2

Watch them come to life!

Posted in Fashion Illustration, Featured, In The Sketchbook | 9 Comments | Share:

9 Responses to Paint Puddle Dancers

1. I love this!!!! and do they stay like this when they dry?
    lovely, so lovely!

2. Sarah says:

Georgeous, such a genius way of drawing/painting. I’m curious to see how they look when dry?

3. Julie says:

How is that done? You pour 2 patches of paint next to each other, I get that. But you must use the brush handle to pull the color through, right? It doesn’t look like you used a paint brush. Very intriguing. I love everything you do, I’m learning so much for my own tentative endeavor into painting.

• paperfashion says:

Thanks Julie! I either use a sewing needle, or the tip of a calligraphy point to pull the paint around. The paintbrush doesn’t pierce the paint enough- so something sharp and small works well.

4. Tarisha says:

When you pull the colour/color how does the golden colour come out of the black paint and the black from the golden? I hope you understand what I’m trying to say, I am very curious about it.

5. Eleonora says:

Such a great work. I liked the original way you used to paint!

xoxo
    Follemente Fashion Blog also on Fashiolista and Bloglovin’

6. Lizz says:

Such beautiful painted stories. The dancers leap right off the page! It would be awesome if a company made envelope wax seals like this. At that rate I don’t think I’d ever open the letter but at least I’d keep the little work of art!

- Lizz
    Smile a little at my blog here :]

7. Sirisha says:

Your creativity is limitless. You are truly inspirational and thank you for sharing what you do. I recently took your skillshare course and can’t stop doodling. Thanks again for sharing.

8. Éléonore says:

On y retrouve toujours beaucoup de grâce et d’élégance dans vos “peintures”. C’est un ressenti tellement agréable.
    J’affectionne particulièrement vos danseuses.