SEARCHING FOR SUPPLIES

photo 1

Shopping for art supplies can easily be just as inspiring as a day spent at a the MET. I could spend hours sifting through an art shop! There’s always something new to be discovered, which in turn, inspires new ideas.

Many years ago, I discovered a beautiful set of glitter… and of course, I knew I needed to incorporate it into my work. Since then, it’s been happily sprinkled over my paintings.

photo 3

I sometimes stop in craft stores to wander and search for new ideas as well, which turned me on to crystals and sequins

photo 2photo 4

You can usually only find a few crystal options in store, so I’ve turned to the web to purchase my supply. Ebay is a treasure trove for all of my favorite art supplies!

Between glitter, crystals, gold foil, and glues, I’ve created a go to list of supplies I love that you can follow here and here.

Wishing you a creative weekend!

These items were curated as part of my collaboration with Ebay. #FollowItFindIt
Posted in Fashion Illustration, Featured, Mixed Media | 11 Comments | Share:

11 Responses to SEARCHING FOR SUPPLIES

1. Your work is incredibly beautiful. My dad is an artist and I really wish i had inherited his talent x

blondecanvas.blogspot.co.uk

2. José Cruz says:

Hello Katie.

I’m really enjoying to watch your work evolve into something very special & different every time you make a new blog post!
    Also, I’m happy that you shared a bit more about the materials you use: recently, I decided to have a go with glitter. Since I just wanted to experiment, I decided to buy inexpensive glitter, on an art supple store.
    the glitter ERODED!!!!!! my work! It pretty much dissolved the paper & ruined my watercolor…

Maybe it happened because it was cheap glitter? Or maybe it was me… :-?
    Anyway, I won’t give up! :-3 And I’ll try again!!

Have a great weekend!
    José

3. Vanessa says:

Gorgeous! How do you scan the images with glitter? Just normal or do you take photos instead?

4. sunny says:

It’s amazing that the way you use glitters, crystals and sequins add a dreamy touch to your illustrations.
    Always mesmerized by these precious artworks!

5. I couldn’t agree more! I am always so thrilled and happy when I pop into a new art shop. Some of them are really beautiful and inspiring! :)

6. Nathalie says:

great artwork… it is true that you can find inspiration in an art/craft shop !!

xoxo

7. Keyonna says:

Your artwork in amazing! Love everything about them! I’m glad you gave us the links to the art supplies. It really is helpful.

http://stellarinc.tumblr.com / http://stellarinc.blogspot.com/

8. Lucia says:

Ah these illustrations are gorgeous!
    Lucia’s Loves
    x

9. What incredible work. Absolutely stunning. I have been surfing the web, looking for inspiration for our upcoming blog, and this has been a huge help. The whole style of your blog is outstanding. Shared across my social media :-).

10. Art shed says:

Your post is very nice. Your creativity are very attractive and interesting. I like it so much. Keep it up with your work.