SHADOW PLAY

Shadow_3

If you follow me on instagram, you are well aware that I have an obsession with shadows and shadow puppets. There’s something so wonderful about the simplistic silhouettes cast onto the wall, taking on a life of their own with the right amount of imagination. It’s little things like these that inspired me as a child. I remember spending hours with my hand shadow puppet book, trying to get every figure just right.

I built a few shadow puppet ladies (which I’ll show you later on) and they took on a life of their own against the natural morning light.

Shadow_6Shadow_1Shadow_5

Posted in Fashion Illustration, Featured, In The Sketchbook, In The Studio | 9 Comments | Share:

9 Responses to SHADOW PLAY

1. Cari Hislop says:

Utterly Magical! I particularly love the one that shows your hand. There’s something about shadows that conjures up stories we’ll never hear…another world we’ll never really see.

2. Nancy says:

Beautiful! So majestic and dreamy…

3. Briana says:

Now that you reside in NYC you must check out a show at The Met featuring a South African artists who is playing with shadow. I have just recently visited and this reminds me of it in a lot of ways! The artists name is William Kentridge in case you get the change to check him out.

Keep up the amazing work!

4. ana C says:

Lovely! as usual :)

5. iida says:

I love it.. it is like watching a Disney princess coyly enter our world. You are a wonderful inspiration for all the creative souls out there, thank you x

6. Brintha says:

I think your pictures are fabulous! Is there anywhere I can purchase them?

7. anto says:

The way this shadow play brings these lovely ladies more and more into our world is so magical!! I love it.

8. This is so amazingly beautiful!!! Thank you!!! It touches something deep inside…:)
    Ingrid