PEN TO PAPER

As I mentioned last week, this year I’m making a point to spend time with my sketchbook. I picked up a new Moleskine the other day, and have been glued to it ever since! It’s amazing how some simple loose sketches can open up your imagination to a new world of ideas.

Here is a glimpse inside the beginning of my new artistic journal…

The way water brings out a rainbow of colors in my black Parker Pen ink is beautiful…

Posted in Fashion Illustration, Featured | 10 Comments | Share:

10 Responses to PEN TO PAPER

1. liz says:

love the gold glitter

check out my fashion blog!

2. José Cruz says:

Hi Katie!
    Writing some quotes on a sketchbook really inspires me a lot! Images are worth much more than words (I think).
    It really is important to sketch as much as possible! I think it helps us to create more… like we are just doing a bit of brainstorming…

A bit every day!!!
    (which probably explains why I have sooooo many sketchbooks! :P )

José

3. anto says:

These sketches are beautiful, especially the soft touch that the water gives them. I think keeping a sketchbook is one of the most creatively stimulating things we can do and I love taking a peek at your sketchbook so keep these posts coming. :)

4. Seraphine says:

It’s amazing!
    What kind of pen do you use?
    LG

5. Cindy Milner says:

I sure hope you do something with the dancer sketch because I would love to buy that for my ballerina! Love your work!

6. Carol says:

What a great idea! I love the rainbow look from the water. I can see why you are having so much=0)
    XOXO

7. babette says:

pen and paper friendly chat. wonderful. keep sketching, don’t visit my blog :)

8. Seraphine says:

Oh, I have seen now!!!!
    LG

9. Rana says:

ı love your sketches. ı think sketches are always more beautiful and elegant :)

10. Sarah says:

I love the glitter added to the drawings! You have a lovely art style. I am a fashion illustrator as well and it’s fun seeing other peoples work. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo,