WINTER IN BEACON HILL

Another scene from a recent snow in Boston. This was a shot I took of a vintage Chrysler on a small residential street in Beacon Hill.

The owner somehow stumbled upon my painting- the internet is a cool place, huh? Anyway, apparently it was the car Jessica Tandy drove over the ledge in the very first part of Driving Miss Daisy. It’s amazing when you discover things like this after painting something… artwork is much more interesting with a nice story behind it.

13 Responses to WINTER IN BEACON HILL

1. Andrea says:

I love this shot!
    It’s absolutely magic :)

2. Medusa says:

Great reinterpretation!

3. Carol says:

I love this. I love this. I love this…did I mention I love this!!!!!! YowZAAAA. I LOVE that you are painting your gorgeous photographs=0)
    xoxo

4. Samira says:

Love it!! beautiful art!

5. Ha. This is very different to the Sydney’s Beacon Hill. Especially at the moment.

6. sheree greek says:

Happy New Year Katie! I finally have a few moments to catch up with my favorite sites and wanted to let you know that your New Years Eve post touched me, as does the new work you are showing. It and you are amazing. I think the new direction suits you and I have no doubt you will learn , grow and course correct as needed. May your 2013 be magical for you!

7. olga says:

Gorgeous! You are so talented! I have received my 2013 calendar- it is breathtaking…. beautiful!

8. Seraphine says:

This looks romantic, I like it!

9. Sabina says:

Love how you did the classic car and brick homes. And the falling snowflakes are so much fun.

10. anto says:

What a lovely painting! I love these past two ones and the fact that they are sort of an homage to your beautiful town.
    Whit the new year upon us, I am wondering if you have any art related resolutions. Like maybe different projects your like to work on or new techniques to try; maybe doing gallery shows, etc. I just really enjoy reading about other artists’ goals and aspirations for the new year.