UNINSPIRED DAYS

I’ve had the absolute worst cabin fever lately…! Working from home has it’s highs and lows… and right now is definitely a low. It’s one of those months that feels completely unproductive and uninspired. Even the days I think I’m semi productive, the illustrations just don’t turn out right for what I need at the moment. My mind is going in a million different directions!

Thank goodness it’s fall. Gives me the perfect excuse to get away from the computer and go on a walk (there are only so many┬ánon freezing┬ádays left this year)! Sometimes getting out and away from my work is the only way to get things focused and rolling again.

Everyone has these days weeks right?

Illustration a work in progress…

19 Responses to UNINSPIRED DAYS

1. Liz says:

beautiful classic! I love this style!

2. ana says:

yes I do have that kind of days…sometimes I just want to get way! This week was a little bit like that;) but like everything in life it will pass:) I wish you all the best

3. Emily says:

I don’t think the worst of days would ever show in your illustrations! They are all amazing. Take a day or two to “turn off” or go on a day trip. Watch trashy TV, read a fictional book, clear your mind. You’ll be back to feeling inspired in no time. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next! x

4. joanna says:

i’ve been feeling that lately, too! there’s something about this time of year that makes me want to be at my desk even less, so i can soak up as much sun and outside time as possible before the snow starts…

5. sheree says:

i always get restless when i know things are changing around me. usually when my art time is unproductive, i sense that it is time to look at new materials or new subject matter. always daunting when you are new to something. timing is everything. good luck and i wish my “unproductive” looked like yours. BEAUTIFUL!

6. Annie says:

Ironic that you say you’re feeling that way, as this illustration is perhaps one of my favorites yet. Adore that yellow color, the big bow, and her simple but genuine expression.

7. anto says:

You are definitely not the only one. This month has been the worst for me inspiration-wise. I’ve been stuck working inside for long periods of time and when I get to illustrating everything seems to come out wrong or less than what I expect. I have so many ideas of illustrations I want to draw and projects I want to work on but unfortunately, the lack of inspiration has gotten to me emotionally. I was actually felling pretty bad about this yesterday so it’s comforting to know that I’m not the only one. Even my favorite artist go through this.
    Regardless, this illustration is gorgoeus. I love how vibrant the yellow is.

• paperfashion says:

thanks so much!!! and yes… it definitely gets to me emotionally too. i guess it’s normal :)! hope you get re-inspired again soon too!

8. Nalini says:

I totally can relate. It’s been a hard few weeks myself!! Your stuff has been looking great despite the lack of inspiration!

9. sarah says:

I’m in an illustration rut too! so many ideas, I just can’t seem to put them to paper though!
    hope you get your mojo back soon. your illustration is looking fab, I love the yellow!!

10. Spring says:

It’s great that you make yourself draw even though you’re feeling uninspired- I should make myself do that, too. The drawing is great! So great, that I was inspired to spotlight it in my “Bloglovin” collection on Socialbliss. Check it out!

11. Erisha says:

Oh, for me, there is nothing more frustrating than feeling like I suddenly lost the ability to be inspired and create something I’m satisfied with. Frustrating and humbling, to remember I’m human and not going to have a 100% success rate. I tend to start feeling disgusted with myself, but after I’ve pushed through it I do come out better for the experience. Even if you’re not inspired at the moment, your work is still inspiring others!

12. Eliza says:

Oh Katie, if only you knew! I think everyone goes through these fall doldrums. But your design is far from unfinished; it’s lovely! Hope you feel better.

xoxo

13. I know how you feel! I was getting a lot og inspiration from Pinterest, but lately I’ve been searching and finding inspiration on Instagram. There’s so so many great artists in there, photographers, aspiring models that actually have great quality in their poses and shots… Maybe try doing that :) i hate that feeling of being uninspired! As you know already, you and your work are what pulled me out of my (nearly 2 year) creative rut, and I can’t thank you enough for it! I wish I could return the gift of inspiration to you. If you like, you can go through the people I follow on IG, everyone (except for maybe 20 people) is related to art/fashion/fashion illustration/photography/models. I will post a comment on your latest IG photo with a few IG accounts have been inspiring me lately and giving me ideas! I hope it helps you, like you helped me :) dont worry, everyone goes through it and it sucks! You’ll get through it, hun!

14. Nada says:

I loved this post! And I always go throw these days! I just feel horrible!!! Hope our life’s will be full of inspiration!!!

15. Candace says:

Ahhh, you have no idea how much better I feel after reading this!!! I’ve had such a BAD, unproductive week and the worst part about it is the guilt that comes with it. It’s hard to get away and enjoy a movie when you think about what you DIDN’T accomplish the whole time.

I’m so glad someone like you who has who has found success in this world has days/weeks like this too.

Hope you found your inspiration again!

Thanks for sharing.