EXPERIMENTING/ 1

Lately I’ve been experimenting with new mediums… and this time I chose Swarvoski Crystals. Frankly, I think they are the elevated form of glitter…don’t you think? I love how different lighting catches different colors…

After watching the live stream of Dior’s latest show, I fell in love with this look. A classic silhouette… black fitted top, and a full iridescent printed skirt. The look is simple, and the crystals add that extra something to the piece.

I also used an iridescent acrylic over the skirt, to recreate the actual look of the fabric, which is easier to see in the photos below (like here).

Stay tuned… tomorrow I’ll share part two of my experimental phase!

11 Responses to EXPERIMENTING/ 1

1. Liz says:

gorgeous! you are so talented it’s not even funny!

2. xaruxamu says:

I’m in love with your experiments and I can’t wait to see more!!!
    Xo

3. blaire says:

I love this idea, so cool to think of adding another dimension to your sketches

4. Claire says:

Love this one! Hope it goes up for sale!

5. anto says:

This experiment is so cool. The crystals look gorgeous and contribute a lot to the piece. I had never seen iridescent acrylic paint before, I think a trip to the art supply store is in order.

6. Carol says:

This looks so interesting! I can’t wait to see what else you are working on=0)

7. Pingback: PAPERFASHION

8. winnie says:

Swoon! I love the crystals – adds such an interesting dimension to your beautiful drawings.

9. las artes says: