FAIRY TALE

Really love how this recent commission turned out. Sort of like a storybook princess right?

Inspired by one of my favorite Vogue editorial shots of Drew Barrymore.

15 Responses to FAIRY TALE

1. I absolutely adore this, katie! I know i already told you on instagram, but this is glorious! I love the use of glitter, you are like a glitter guru goddess. Its perfect. I would stop eating sushi for a year to have this setting on my desk. To remind me that it is possible to make your dreams come true, to inspire me to always give it my all.

2. lauren says:

stunning! the glitter really looks so incredible and like diamonds on the dress. Incredible job on this one!!

3. anto says:

Katie, what a beautiful illustration! You’ve really outdone yourself with this one. Absolutely stunning.

4. Rachel says:

I love the way you use glitter!

5. Alison says:

This is wonderful. I loved this shoot by Vogue when I first saw it years ago because it reminded me of one of my favorite books, Beauty by Robin Mckinley and I already thought Drew made a fabulous Daniele in Ever After. you captured Princess Couture perfectly.

6. Jess says:

LOVE this! It’s beautiful :)

7. Sandy says:

I’ve drawn ever since I was little and I’m in advanced art now, but your art is absolutely AMAZING. It is so much better than any thing I can do, people like you are my role models.

8. Emily says:

This one is spectacular! The colors in the dress came out really well – I can actually imagine what it would feel like.

9. This is so beautiful! I can imagine her walking around some castle’s garden, looking for her prince…
    Your work is always so inspiring! =)

Love, Pi*

10. Gabriella says:

This is incredible. The detail and that glitter is just gorgeous!

11. Mandy says:

You should do a tutorial on how you apply glitter – I have such trouble adding it on to my paintings.

12. José Cruz says:

I really like your art! You already know that, right?? :)
    But I have to say this is one of the best works you posted on your website! :)
    Kind regards!

13. Melinda Brown says:

This is beautiful Katie. I think this one is my favourite illustration to date.

14. Elise Amber says:

This is absolutely incredible. I’m in love :)