INSPIRED IN NEW WAYS

Yesterday was the most gorgeous day on the Charles River. Really, moving here was one of the best choices I’ve made. There’s something about Cambridge that is absolutely picturesque and charming… it is it’s own little world.

I took my paints outside and spent the day capturing the scenery… something I haven’t done in years. I can’t tell you how refreshing it was! Put the right music on, and it’s a whole world of inspiration.

As an artist, I think it’s important to step away from the digital world every now and then, and get out there to experience new things. In fact, it’s one of the most important parts of being creative! We all see things differently.

In these scenes I was experimenting with color. I captured the scene as I saw it, and then squared off different sections to play around with different colors. I love how the red area turned out!

8 Responses to INSPIRED IN NEW WAYS

1. José Cruz says:

Hello Katie!
    Did you use watercolor to achieve the red square effect?
    You need to try a circle… kind strange to say this here, but you obtain something very unique! :)
    Hope you had a great day! Tomorrow will be my turn to paint watercolor outside!!! :) Wish me luck! (Hope to find a good place to paint…)
    Kind regards.

2. Melanie says:

Wow.. thats simply gorgeous. And i love how you added the pink tape. It added a touch of chic to the paiting. Wait… YOU MOVED TO LONDON????? I’m a little confused. Juuust a little.

3. Jonna says:

This is beautiful! Looks like a fairytale :)

4. Amber says:

These images so beautiful. You have inspired me to have a go at watercolouring — I haven’t done any drawing or painting since high school more than yen years ago! I also enjoyed the info you posted recently about mixing skin tones.

5. Amber says:

Ummm you can tell I’m tired when I start missing out obvious words in sentences. Sorry about that. These images ARE so beautiful.

6. Bdette says:

Are any of these Charles River/Cambridge/Boston scenes for sale?

7. Pingback: PAPERFASHION