FLASHBACK

20120606-110615.jpg

I’ve been pouring through my old sketchbooks this week… And boy are they amusing! Some of the things I drew and wrote are just…weird.

Do you ever look back at things you wrote and think… Wow, did I really write that?! That’s how I felt looking at about 70% of my sketchbooks. Yikes!

These two ladies were Illustrated while I was studying in Florence, Italy back in 2007. That was when I really started getting into fashion illustration. I love how loose and gesture-like they are…

Which do you prefer, my current style or this style?

13 Responses to FLASHBACK

1. I love these! Don’t think I could choose between the styles though…they are both amazing. You are so incredibly talented!!

houndstoothandhighheels.blogspot.com

xo, S

2. Jess says:

I love both your current style and the style featured in the post – they’re just different!

3. natasha says:

although I like your early illustration your recent are better they have more detail

4. natasha says:

liveurfantasyevryday.com

5. Emily says:

recent! but that’s good that you’re getting better, right!?

6. Sarah says:

I sometimes avoid reading past things as it makes me cringe haha!

I love both of your styles to be honest but then I love pretty much all styles of fashion illustration!

7. José Cruz says:

Hello Katie.
    This drawing looks very creative, but I have to say I think that your current illustrations have more feeling!
    But the best thing, definitely, is just to see how much your style has evolved!
    King regards! :)

8. Kimberly says:

don’t get me wrong. I LOVE these. But your current style is much more “lovely”. And unique. These actually remind me quite a bit of how I used to sketch figures!

9. Le Pirate says:

You are such a talented drawer!

10. lexi says:

I of course love your recent work, but those older drawings are really cool!
    ♡ Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

11. Megan says:

Katie I love the looseness of these illustrations as well, but I must say, you’re current style is SO unique. I have seen your work on Pinterest many times and known before seeing your name that it was a Paperfashion illustration! I love the way you illustrate…love love love

12. I love these! Although I think your current style is more detailed and professional! (;
    xx

13. Sarah says:

I love these! Your current style is gorgeous too though.

Sarah x