MET GALA MOMENTS

Watching the Met Gala red carpet was inspirational to say the least. What’s more glamorous than women in couture gowns gracing a sea of red carpet into the Met?

Who wore your favorite look? I absolutely loved Leighton Meester’s gown… illustrated here.

I haven’t sketched this loosely in a while… and it felt so refreshing. I’ve been listening to movie soundtracks nonstop. They bring out that classic Hollywood movie-like feeling! Trust me, creating a mood around what you’re sketching can inspire you so much. Try it!

This photo inspired my sketch.

Posted in Animated, Fashion Illustration | 9 Comments | Share:

9 Responses to MET GALA MOMENTS

1. Alicia says:

This is so lovely!!

2. Ana C. says:

Perfect! Like everything you do! :)

3. Your work has inspired me so much! I love seeing all the new things you post. I follow you on Pinterest as well. You have such a great sense of style and are very talented!

Speaking of movie soundtracks, I love listening to them too. The Moulin Rouge soundtrack is fab, so is the 2nd one! Check out the 2nd one, I think you might like it. Baz Luhrmann is a genius. Great music to create to. And the Amelie soundtrack, by Yann Tiersen is great; I can’t tell you how many paintings I’ve done to that album!

4. Sarah says:

I so appreciate the way you animate your illustrations. This is such a beautiful sketch.

Sarah x

5. Andrea says:

Will this sketch be for sale? So lovely…

6. Aimee says:

In love with this! Wish I could buy it and have it move… haha so cute. I absolutely loved Leighton’s dress as well. All of the fashions were so gorgeous. You should do Victoria Justice’s dress! I’d love to have a print of that. All the colors were so gorg.

7. Pingback: ModCloth Blog » Blog Archive ยป You’re Not Dreaming: ModCloth Teams Up with Paperfashion

8. Ginger says:

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot of time
    writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates unique, SEO friendly posts in minutes, just
    search in google – laranitas free content