DID YOU KNOW

Something people ask me pretty often is how I got into fashion/apparel design & illustration when I studied Industrial Design.

Throughout the years, my answer seems to evolve more and more… especially as I look back and see new angles to how this all happened.  However, at the moment this quote really seems to explain it all.

No matter where you are in your life, just go with your gut. Don’t think too hard about things; instead, embrace the flow of life! Jump on a path you think suits you, and go with it. If it isn’t quite working, find ways to alter and grow it into something that does work for you.

I’ve always felt that over thinking things is a great way to talk yourself out of decisions. You start weighing the pros and cons- and how do you know those ‘cons’ are actually cons? Sometimes cons can be a great thing- at least that’s how I feel. Some of the worst things have led me to the best things in my life.

Find your path, give it all you’ve got, and sculpt it to your unique self. A path to success is different for each and every one of us. Be creative and always go your own way.

13 Responses to DID YOU KNOW

1. eidetik says:

This is really the best advice someone could ever get.

2. Deanna says:

Thanks I needed to hear that today. I started in architecture and ended up in fashion and I sometimes second guess myself. Just part of the path I am on.

3. LOVE this. Thanks for the advice : )

4. Lauren says:

TRUTH, Katie, TRUTH! You are so on point with this – when you believe in something, you just gotta grab it by the balls and go with it, trusting that everything will turn out even better than you could have imagined it :)

5. Aljona Minejeva says:

You’re totally right about that! It’s the same way I think about it!

Thanks for inspiring me! :D

6. Amy says:

thanks for a great start to the day!
    this couldn’t be more perfect for me right now.
    I studied Graphic Design and am working on changing to Fashion Design.

I totally agree with you! (altho my family + friends see a bit differently). Either way, I’ve never been happier :) I like your drawings!

7. Pingback: » GOMBEY PAPERFASHION

8. Jennifer says:

As a college student who is thinking of going into Industrial Design who happens to love illustrations… this meant a lot to me! Thank you!

9. FaizJamain says:

I really really REALLY adore your blog and you yourself. Thank you for inspiring me so much.
    xx

10. Pingback: » CHOOSING A PATH PAPERFASHION

11. Pingback: » NEW YEARS PAPERFASHION

12. Kendra says:

Thank you for THIS. Endlessly!

Xx