Hummingbird

Images like this (via National Geographic) always give me a reality check. They take my mind off all the lifeless material things, and show me just how creative and gorgeous the world is. Of course, I LOVE the Miu Miu shoes below… but no shoe could ever compete with nature, especially a prismatic bird like this one

How gorgeous is it?? The colors.. texture.. movement. The fact that it is a living breathing thing is beyond me!

Oh, and how incredibly TINY this Wine-Throated Hummingbird is… wow. Magic!!

Imagine a dress inspired by this…!

P.S. HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Print now available for purchase HERE

22 Responses to Hummingbird

1. Heidi says:

A beautiful beautiful bird! I love the colours

2. salomé says:

wonderful ;)

GIVEAWAY a GOLD JEWEL to WIN: http://magmoiselle.fr/?p=10387

3. Michelle says:

Mother nature does some wonderous things. Even simple things like the colour of a grapefruit amaze me. And I absolutely agree that an outfit inspired by the sweet thing would be gorgeous.

4. Cool post, love it! XO Raspberry & Rouge

5. Vanessa says:

Wow, this is fantastic! The colors are amazing!

6. Lo says:

so beautiful! i need to buy a print from your shop or be so honored to get some commissioned work! :)

7. Pingback: Luminous wine-throated hummingbird [bioephemera]

8. I blogged about it as well – from one watercolorist to another, this is just a wonderful use of saturated pigments and black. Hope to send you some traffic. :)

9. RIY_KA says:

pretty…almost prettier then in real!!

10. cindy says:

LOVE! might need to purchase this one :)

11. Pingback: Rum and Reason » Luminous wine-throated hummingbird [bioephemera]

12. Aurelija says:

So colourful. Beautiful. :)

Stop by times.

13. Monika says:

wow ! magical ! i’m your greatest fan, believe me or not :)

14. Pingback: Blueberry Blue « PAPERFASHION

15. Pingback: Feel Good Friday: Birds of a Feather | Lady Love Design

16. Pingback: » MINA PERHONEN PAPERFASHION

17. Asther says:

Do you know that this image has been manipulated? some feathers are lost!

18. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a
    great author.I will always bookmark your blog and may come back someday.
    I want to encourage one to continue your great job, have a nice day!

My page: google keyword vh1 tool academy 2

19. Paulina says:

Katie,
    Thank you so much for the inspiration and for the link to the picture. I did my own version from the same picture (hope is ok with you that i did it), of course is not as beautiful as yours. But it feels good to try.

Your work always inspires me and makes the day more beautiful.
    Have a nice day :)